10 Best SEO Tools In 2021
Feeling confused while selecting the digital marketing/SEO tools?
SEO tools are awesome in the field of digital marketing and are very important.
It would take 100X more time without these special SEO tools.
If you are going to buy an SEO tool, I will help you to select the right tool for you.
In this post, we’ll be looking at the 10 best SEO tools that are either for keyword research, competitor backlink research, keyword rank tracking, or link building.
There are many SEO tools in market. We have 10 that are worth trying.
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool. But mainly it is known as a backlink authority checker because it has one of the largest databases of live links. This tool provides ranking monitoring, keyword tools, and information about backlinks of self and also of competitors.
You can get the best content that exists in your industry by using competitive content research that will help you determine which content your blog should be about that will outperform your competitors’ content.
It offers four different types of plans for your business. You got an option to either pay monthly or pay annually according to your business requirements.
If you are unsure about whether it is right for you or not, you can pay $7 for a 7-day trial for their Standard plans to see if it’s a good fit for your business.
- Backlink Analysis – The backlink analysis helps you to see what sites are linking to your competitors. You may find the backlinks of your competition from valuable sites that you don’t have because Ahref has one of the largest databases of live links.
With this information, you can earn valuable backlinks and surpass your competition.
- Keyword Research – Finding keyword is the most crucial part of any SEO campaign. Ahref keyword explorer has more than 3 billion keywords in its database.
One of the best qualities of this feature is the ability to see the click data of your keywords.
- Site Audit – While you run your SEO campaign there is always a possibility that errors will occur. You’ll get a notification when errors occur so you can fix them as quickly as possible. It will also generate reports that analyze your site’s health.
- Ahrefs traffic stats are always slightly off, it is impossible to get perfect stats but closer to the actual would be great.
- Ahrefs provide internal link report, but it does not give suggestion for internal links, which could be the great feature, similar to its top pages feature.
- Fewer filters on referring domain reports as all the companies use the referring domain report every day.
Semrush is a tool that helps you to optimize your website for a single search engine. It covers SEO, advertising, social media, content, and competitive research. It provides detailed keyword analysis reports as well as a summary of domains you manage. This SEO tool allows you to compare the performance of your pages to see how you rank against your competition. It also helps in link building.
Traffic analysis helps to identify your and your competitor’s principal sources of web traffic, such as the top referring sites.
It offers three different types of plans for your business.
If you are unsure about whether it is right for you or not, you can go for a 14-day free trial to see if it’s a good fit for your business.
- It is easy to use.
- You get all the data you need to see, in one place.
- It has 14 days free trial available.
- Three-channel support is available – chat, phone, and email.
- Its plans come with only one user account.
- Some analysis features come with an additional cost of $200 per month extra.
- The data it provides is only from one search engine, Google.
3. Screaming Frog
Screaming frog is an SEO spider that crawls all over your site and looks for problems and errors. It is not a cloud base solution; it is software that you have to download and install on your PC. The creators of screaming frog do not want to host a website that runs bots all over cyberspace. It crawls the same way as Google crawls your site.
Screaming Frog Pricing
It offers two plans one is free and other is paid.
Free version have a crawl limit of 500 URL’s.
1. It has easy to understand user interface.
2. It is integrated with Google Analytics and Google search console.
3. Crawling is fast as compared to others.
4. Low in cost.
1. Continuously updating and you have to wait until it completes.
2. It is not a cloud base solution.
3. Free account comes with limited features.
4. Google Search Console
One of the best free digital marketing tools available is Google Search Console. Previously it is known as Webmaster Tools. It is a collection of tools that ensures that your website is healthy and Google-friendly. But it is capable to do more than that.
It can help you diagnose any technical SEO issues, helps you to understand your most popular pages, see where you are ranking, and helps you to increase your organic traffic.
Google Search Console is completely free of cost for all websites built on any platform.
1. It allows you to submit your sitemap directly to Google and get it crawled.
2. You can also get a list of your keywords for which your site is ranking.
1. It does not accept HTML sitemaps.
2. Issues depicted are difficult to understand as they are very technical.
Majestic is an SEO tool that is all about backlinks, unlike Ahrefs, Semrush, Moz pro.
It isn’t an all-in-one tool that does keyword research, site audits, and on-page SEO analysis.
It’s fully focused on backlinks.
And, because as they focus only on link analysis above all else, they claim to have the world’s best backlink checker.
It offers three different plans: Lite ($49.99/month), Pro ($99.99/month), and API ($399.99/month).
Majestic’s plans are much cheaper than its two main competitors: Ahrefs and SEMrush.
So, in the end, Majestic SEO’s Lite plan is 50% cheaper than Ahrefs and SEMrush.
1. Onsite analysis report is very strong.
2. Its backlink explorer is very powerful, it is almost accurate.
3. Provides cheaper plans as compared to its competitors.
1. Their UI is outdated and a bit hard to understand.
2. It too much focuses on backlinks.
3. Majestic can be slow sometimes, depends on how much data is being loaded.
6. Google Keyword Planner
It is a free tool included in the Google ads. As the name clearly indicates its feature, it is used to find the right keyword for your Google ads campaign.
you need an active Google Ads account, to use keyword planner
Google inactivate the account without any spending in the last 15 months. It can be activated again, but if the money is not spent in the next 3 months it will be again deactivated.
Google Keyword Planner Pricing
Google keyword planner is completely free to use. But search volume keywords depend on spending on Google ads. No one knows what “enough money” is normally $100/month is good.
To put it another way, if you want to use the Google Keyword Planner tool for search volumes, it will be of no use until and unless you don’t have an active ads campaign.
1. 3 keywords can be put at a time when looking for keyword suggestions.
2. You can look at data for the past 4 years instead of 1 year.
3. Data is more reliable as it directly comes from Google.
1. Google now offers fewer suggestions of keywords.
2. You need to create a Google ads account.
3. Search for volumes on mobile and desktop separately is not possible.
7. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is an SEO tool that helps you gather data on your site’s Rankings, Page Optimization, Site Crawl, and Link Metrics to help you execute your own SEO strategies.
It is almost an all-in-one tool.
With this tool, you can find errors and problems on your site that could be affecting your visitor’s experience.
Moz Pro Pricing
Moz Pro offers 4 different types of plan Standard, Medium, Large, and Premium.
The company offers a free trial on the medium plan and can become sure whether to use it or not.
1. Keyword rank tracking is almost accurate.
2. Moz has a great section for backlinks.
3. Competitor assessment is good.
1. Crawls and campaigns have their limits, depends on your membership plan.
2. Sometimes there can be a lack of data on keyword research.
3. Sometimes reports are not available until a week.
It is a tool that helps you keep track of all SEO strategies that affect the performance of your website and discover any errors that you have not noticed before.
You type in the URL of a website and it gives you a detailed SEO audit for all the important ranking factors.
you can connect your account to Google Search, Google Analytics, and Facebook page as well to get the best possible results while it analyses every page of your site separately or tracks your keywords.
It offers 3 different plans Pro, Premium, and Enterprise. You can try it for free if you are a beginner. You can get a free trial for 14 days.
Pro Plan is for small business owners with one website, business owners who own up to five websites should consider the Premium one, and lastly, the Enterprise Plan is for those who run multiple projects, SEO professionals, and agencies.
1. It tells you if the website requires improvement in the title tag or meta description.
2. Good interface and good pricing (value for money).
3. You can white label the report and send it to your clients if want to.
1. It cache things randomly, which is a bit annoying.
2. Sometimes the information isn’t totally accurate.
It is a cloud-based marketing SEO tool that allows you to see the ranking history of any domain.
Spyfu have four distinct types of SEO tools:
- SEO Research tool
- PPC Research tool
- Keyword Research tool
- Backlink Research tool
In spyfu you will find uses of almost all of the available tools.
As of 2021 Spyfu offers 3 pricing available, billed monthly and yearly.
Basic ($ 39 / month), Professional ($ 79 / month) and Team ($ 299 / month).
1. There is lots of automation that help you understand SEO better.
2. It is much cheaper than its competitors.
3. Best software for competitor analysis.
1. Reports are quite limited in the basic version.
2. Link importing doesn’t work.
It is an SEO tool that crawls all over your website and identifies SEO problems.
In this we can schedule crawls, there is no need to initiate crawl after crawl. You can schedule crawl on any interval basis, which is useful if you are an SEO professional.
You can also show the latest crawl report to your clients. In this all the important data is displayed on one screen, there is no need to look here and there for every particular piece of data.
It is very user-friendly.
DeepCrawl starter plan will cost you $89 per month. That will allow you to crawl up to 100,000 URLs, and monitor 5 projects.
The Basic plan costs $139 per month and doubles the number of URLs which means you can crawl up to 200,000 URLs. There’s a corporate plan on the site but doesn’t include prices. You can save money if you go for an annual plan instead of a month-to-month basis.
All plans include API support.
1. Best website crawling tool tested.
2. On-page SEO recommendation is available.
3. Different breakdowns for desktop, mobile, and tablet.
4. All plans include API support.
1. It mainly focuses on site crawling.
2. Crawl data can be devastating if you don’t know what you are looking for.
So now tell me which SEO tools you are using and which you are going to use?